You might be able to imagine how long it took me to set up my blog in the first place! But the hardest trick was finding other blogs I liked. My only strategy was to click 'next blog' at the top of my blogspot page, and I would find a page in Chinese about motorbikes, and next something even more bizarre.
Luckily I found a couple of bloggers through the Jamie Oliver Forum and then I worked out the trick of clicking on their followers, and a new world opened.
Then I saw awards floating around, and it was so bewildering that I was glad I was in a little niche of my own far away from such things. I did love the way they introduced me to more blogs that I liked though!
Then one day there was a note on my blog from Ruth at I Love Flavour Me saying that she had given me an award! I could not sit still! I had to walk around my little home flapping my arms to fan myself! I was so overwhelmed!
I could not even think about passing the award on at that stage, but a few months later a second one came up from Issy at Clotted Cream Diaries. There I was again, bright pink and flapping.
But this time I thought to myself: I am so delighted, and it is such a lovely way to pass on other blogs that can be a delight to find... if another one comes my way (in another 5 months maybe) I will be ready to pass it on.
TWO WEEKS LATER the darling Claudia at Recipes, Tips, Thoughts passed on my third award. This time I managed not to blush and flap, but I wasn't nonchalant, it is a very special thing! But then, I had to work out how to pass it on. All those links! And which blogs to pick? At least I have linked to those three wonderful ones for starters!
Well, here goes:
If you want to take part in this blogging award you can! Just follow the instructions.
1. Copy the award image into a post.
2. Then list 10 things that make you happy
3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
4. Put in a link to their blogs
5. Notify the award receivers
6. Award recipients link back to sender's blog
Here are 10 bloggers that brighten my day, I am going to count them also as10 things that make me happy.:
I have chosen 10 blogs that either connect to my blog focus (Community Food Projects) or that seem little gems that not so many people have discovered 9except Chaukhat, but there has to be an exception!).
The first 4 blogs are connected with projects connected with Community Food.
1. Transition Town Boroondara Boroondara is the next council area to mine, and I love the innovative things the members there are doing.
2. Jackies School Food Blog and
3. School Food Matters keep me up to date with things going on around school dinners in UK but relevant everywhere.
4. The Secret Gardening Club is the journal of a school gardening project and it will all start happening once Spring gets going.
The next are a couple of food blogs dear to my heart.
5. Syrian Foodie in London has such beautiful writing and delicious food, my heart always skips faster when I see there is a new post.
6. Miss Vickie's Pressure Cooker is a wonderful resource for those who love the pressure cooker as I do. I know Miss Vickie has not been well but a blog did pop up from her a little while ago, so I have my fingers crossed there will be more.
7. Deb DiMaggio whose blog fascinates me with design concepts. My own sense of fashion design is not very sophisticated, so Deb's post make me look at things differently, I love it.
8. Beads, Crochet and Puppydogs demonstrates such a creative and productive delight in the world.
Finally, two photographers who also fascinate me with their special view of the world
9. White Forge Photography (Pol shows me my home town)
10. The Chaukhat (which shows me another part of the world)
I wonder where this lovely award will travel next!