Friday, December 10, 2010

Catch Up and Thanks


I am very grateful to the lovely people who have left such kind notes on my blog. I haven't posted for a couple of months because I have had to prioritise my health.... it hasn't been too bad, but there has been one thing after another! I can't tell you how nice it has been to check my blog and find good wishes there.
Things are still a bit tricky in my life, but I am hoping I will ease right back into my posts and my YamDaisy project ~ there is so much I want to do.

My way of easing back and catching up is via two blog awards I have been given (in spite of not posting! How cool!)

The first is from Jutta the Happy Valley Cook Thankyou Jutta! Goodness there are two!


Her awards ask me to:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you.
2. Share 8 things about yourself.
3. Pay it forward to 15 recently discovered great blogs.
4. Contact those bloggers and let them know about their award.
 
The second is from Michael Toa at Me, My Food and I  Thankyou Michael!

His Award asks me:
1. When did you learn to cook?
2. Name three things that are always in your fridge.
3. Do you have any food guilty pleasures?
4. Tell us about your most memorable meal...
5. What is your drink of choice?

When you received this, you can set up your own questions and pass it on to other bloggers of your choice.  I look forward to reading your answers.

So here goes.

Thanks and links done!
8 Things about myself: (making them up as I go along)

I am Joy by name and Joy by nature!

The picture at the top of this post is precious to me. It was painted by two women artists living at Alekarenge in Central Australia, where I was a teacher. It is about women catching ants that are good to eat. The horseshoe shapes are the women sitting down. The doughnut shapes are the ant holes, and the bar shapes are the coolamons that had hot ash in them to cook the ants as they were dug out. The wiggly background is the little birds jumping around eating the flying ants which has let the women know they are ready to catch. 

I have a grown up daughter which is so exciting. That little baby that grew in my belly is out making her own life and it is full of wonders!

I learn from my mistakes (eventually, wink!), which is a big relief because I make them all the time!

Living with Chronic Illness, has intensified my life.  It has been one of the best possible reality checks, and reality is a great thing to have in my life!

I love to create! Textiles are my favourite and I knit and am learning sewing, very practical! I write when I can and SO want to get my stories done! I also love to draw.

I am a social justice fighter and in my working life I chose causes and situations where I thought I could do good. (I always seemed to get more out than I put in though! ~ thanks to wonderful people everywhere!). Now my passionate cause is my own YamDaisy Project.

I love our Mother Earth! 


1. When did you learn to cook?
I chose to be vegetarian as a teenager and I had to learn to cook vegetarian food! My passion grew as I discovered World cuisines. But my focus on excellence developed after my friend Carole made the most wonderful soup for me when I was ill. It was out of the world, and it raised the stakes for ever more!

2. Name three things that are always in your fridge.
Milk, home made chili/onion paste, bakers yeast.

3. Do you have any food guilty pleasures?
Tim tams, Lindt and cashews! I have pretty much given up chocolate... but Ooo those cashews! Yum!

4. Tell us about your most memorable meal...
Drinking red wine with friends at sunset on top of a huge rock outcrop in Kakadu National Park after climbing up through the wonderful rock art galleries. (Red wine is a meal, right?)

5. What is your drink of choice?
Coffee with milk. Thankyou little Napoletana pot that means I can have it every day!


Now my big apology, I am not able to pay these awards forward at the moment. But I am hoping to do so before too long! I haven't been discovering new blogs, but I have some very dear ones. Let me see how I go for a bit, and then I will act!

Next Post: Food!



10 comments:

  1. Hello Joy, It is nice to see you back blogging - and your blog is very interesting . Hope you start to feel better soon.
    Lucy xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see you back again! Glad you are easing back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely post, Joy ! Happy to see you back and through your words here I could know more about you and admire you much more as a person, a woman, a human being!

    Take care, dear friend. We're always here praying and thinking of you. You're such a special friend :)

    I also loved the painting and how well you've described it to us ! Here, some native women still catch and eat an specific kind of ants,too. These ants, here, we call "tanajuras". It's not in Portuguese but in TUPI-GUARANI which is the native language of the native people from Brazil, before the Europeans arrive here in the sixteenth century.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi joy!

    i'm not sure if you remember me, but we exchanged a few messages and posts on chronic babe, and i really appreciated your wise words. i'm so glad to see you here! when i saw you go missing from chronicbabe, i was really worried about you.

    glad to know you're ok.

    xo lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good to see you back on your blog Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to see you back and so great to get an insight into the joy behind this blog! Get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankyou folks! Very Very much!
    Lesley, what a treat to see you here! I accidentally completely deleted myself from the Chronicbabe forum. Please email me joystevenson at netspace.net.au
    I have loved the things people have said, and especially about the ants eaten in Brazil. We have so much symmetry Claudia!

    ReplyDelete