Thursday, April 16, 2009

Website, Article, Twitter

It has been a busy few days as I have been wrestling with the technology of getting my website up. I seem to have made about every possible mistake, but right at the moment it seems to be up and working, and if it still is tomorrow I will be able to 'create an event' on Facebook and email the whole world to come and have a look.
This is the culmination of a year of struggle. I knew I needed a website, I knew I wasn't well enough to sort it all out myself, and I hoped there was an easy way to get it up. After several possibilities that failed it was wonderful to find that my health had improved enough at the beginning of this year for me to go to the first term web design class at the local Neighbourhood House. It has taken so much of my precious time and energy, how wonderful it is to feel that it has been SO worth while. I finally feel that I am on the brink of the next stage of the project, which is publicity and interaction.
To add to that wonderful feeling, the first YamDaisy article is in the Scarlet Letter, the magazine for The Council for Single Mothers and their Children. When I contacted Jane, the coordinator, she talked about the need many single mothers have for a place to eat out that is close by and affordable, and an easy break from the relentless meal making that is the lot of a single mum.
And Twitter! I have joined up and I'm having a gentle start, feeling my way into how I can use it. I think it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment