Friday, January 28, 2011

YamDaisy Menu through the blogs

I am easing back into blogging after a delightful few days with Mr 7 year old staying with me.
So I thought I would share a YamDaisy Menu gleaned from the posts of others!

In my idea for the YamDaisy Cafes the menu is simplified to a soup, a choice of two main meals, and a fruit based dessert. This simplified menu makes it more home like, and more practical for the busy chef/managers.

I often see posts in the blogs I follow that would be perfect for a YamDaisy Menu, and as well as giving an idea of how the menu might work, it showcases some great blogs!

YAMDAISY MENU
SOUP: Miso Soup with Tofu and Vegetables
MAIN 1:Panfried Prawns in Soya Sauce
MAIN 2: Simple Couscous with Lamb and Vegetables
DESSERT: Carrot Halva

This menu may be just a little bit of a mixture of cuisines, but I am glad to have a vegetarian option, a seafood option and a hearty meat option. There is something for people who need to avoid dairy, soy, or wheat products. There is a lot to take into consideration for a menu!

SOUP
Miso Soup with Tofu and Vegetables from Foodstuff
Those who read my blog regularly will know this is my daughter's blog and.... (Proud mum alert!).... look at her most recent post! her blog was seen as a kind of folio in her interview and so helped her get her apprenticeship.
But back to the menu! What a lovely soup, full of vegetables and a meal in itself for those who want something light!

MAIN 1
Panfried Prawns in Soya Sauce from The Little Teochew
There is an upcoming post I will write about seasfood, but here, I have got some on the menu!
If you follow the link you will see that the recipe is here with such an interesting introduction.
I would serve with rice. I hope Ju will come and tell me if there is anything else that should be added! Please Ju!

MAIN 2
Simple Couscous with Lamb and Vegetables from Goodbye, Butter
I am new to this blog that is working through the recipes in The New Mediterranean Diet Cookbook. Very appropriate because the Mediterranean Diet Guidelines are one of the foundations for the YamDaisy Menu. This recipe looks so delicious and hearty!

FRUIT BASED DESSERT
Carrot Halva from Not Another Food Blog
Firstly: Yes I know it isn't a fruit based dessert! But the point of the fruit based dessert is that there are some vitamin and minerals and not just empty calories. It is adding to the fruit and veggies in the diet. So a vegetable based dessert is quite acceptable!
Secondly: I love carrot halva! I want everyone to have the opportunity to try it!
It was this that made me decide to make up a menu from recent posts I have seen. Dessert isn't a huge focus of the menu, but we want to have something for those who can't do without!
What a treat for them!

8 comments:

  1. Joy! Actually the prawn dish is very "Yam Daisy-ish"!! Fresh produce, light seasoning. Just honest good food. Yes, serve it with rice and if you have the time, a side of stirfried broccoli, carrots and mushrooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great that blogs make setting up the menu so easy for you.

    There a few times when I have lost recipes and then found them again on the web.

    Just one gigantic world wide recipe book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying time with your visitor. I really like the menus you presented here. I hope you are having a greay day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Coucous with lamb and vegetables! Wow that sounds good! I hope you are keeping ok Joy.
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great menu ideas, the Carrot Halva sounds especially tempting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love carrot halva. It's my super-favorite :)

    ReplyDelete