Sunday, July 31, 2011

There and back again!

Today I went to the Local Food Conversation at Edendale Farm in Eltham.
This was a meeting put on by Local Food Connect.
They wanted to hear from people in the North East suburbs who had food projects, so I put up my hand and went along.

I can't wait to tell you all about it! It was wonderful and I think I have a few posts to write as a result of it.
However, YamDaisy activism and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are tricky bedfellows! One of my CFS symptoms is Orthostatic Intolerance, and that means that while I am out and about: (even when sitting at a sociable meeting) my body thinks it is setting out from Everest base camp and trudging steadily up the mountain. I start to develop all the symptoms of altitude sickness.

So I am taking it easy for a day or so and then will post again.  But in between doing all the things that help me recover I am thinking of all the interesting things there are to blog about.

As I was leaving the meeting I
a) didn't put in a gold coin to help with room hire
b) did take some food swap chillies and tamarillos even though I didn't have anything to swap with.
(Going gaga is a symptom of altitude sickness!)
I am owning up now and will remedy the unhappy situation next time I go!

You can see a tamarillo on this meal I made when I got home: Mushroom and polenta bake (ready to go) with fresh avocado, parsley and tamarillo, with some marigold petals to finish. Lovely!


The photo at the top is the huge beautiful picture in the meeting room.
Cheers folk!


3 comments:

  1. I hope your recovery is swift Joy, and I look forward to hearing the ideas and plans that come out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you enjoyed the meeting and hope that you begin to feel better soon. Your meal looks really good especially with the marigold petals!
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a good resting time thinking about all these new ideas following the real positive inputs of this meeting.

    ReplyDelete